FREE Colon Cancer Screen
Colon cancer is treatable in its earliest stages, and periodic screenings are needed for early detection.
A limited number of free Hemosure colon cancer screening kits are available on a first-come first-served basis. This easy-to-do free screen is non-invasive and has a 97 percent accuracy rate!
What is involved with the screen?
The kit you receive allows you to easily collect a stool sample in a plastic container. You return it discreetly in a brown bag to the same location you picked the test up. Test return instructions will be included in kit.
How will I receive the result?
If your test result is negative, you will receive a letter in the mail from the Sarah Bush Lincoln Gastroenterology Clinic.
If your test result is positive, you will receive a phone call from the SBL Gastroenterology Clinic, and a certified letter alerting you to the results and the actions you should take for further investigation.
Who Should be Screened
• People between 45 to 75 years old
• People with a strong family history of colon cancer
• People who have never had a colonoscopy
• People with the following symptoms:
– Diarrhea / Constipation
– Rectal bleeding
– Black or tarry stools
– Weight loss / Bloating
– Change in bowel habits
Where and when can I get a kit?
Available while supplies last. Your kit must be picked up in person. Return of samples will be same location as picked up.
11 am to 1 pm
• Friday, March 1 - SBL Effingham Walk-In Clinic, Entrance B
• Friday, March 8 - SBL Charleston Walk-In Clinic, Suite 100
• Friday, March 15 - SBL Fayette County Hospital
• Friday, March 22 - SBL Mattoon Walk-In Clinic
• Friday, March 29 - SBL Tuscola Walk-In Clinic
1005 Health Center Dr., Suite 208
Mattoon, IL 61938
Attn: Patty Hood
We respect and safeguard your privacy. This form is secure.
For more information, call the SBL Gastroenterology Clinic at 217-258-4155.